Strategy is a huge topic, but we have to start somewhere!
Strategy breaks down into three categories:
- There is some overall poker strategy advice, good for any poker game (it's not advice on how to play a particular hand, or even a particular variant, but is rather advice on how to play poker in general).
- Each poker variant also of course has many strategies particular to it.
- Tournaments have their own sets of strategies to be layered on top of the other strategies you develop.
This article focuses on the first of the three categories, general poker strategies. You can also visit:
- Ring game strategy for information about strategies on the different variants of poker, without considering tournaments
- Tournament strategy for information on additional strategies applicable to tournament play
- The Books section for reviews of strategy books on your game of choice.