Harrah's North Kansas City features a reasonably nice room of about eight tables.
From I-35, take the Armour Street
Games spread Edit
- $3/6 - most constant
- $4/8 - at peak times
- $5/10 - at peak times
- $2-5 blinds, $100 min., maximum of $300 or 75% of largest stack at table (subject to Missouri buy-in law)
The 75% game hasnt been as popular lately and you might find one (or two on fri/sat night) running, most people are sticking to the $100-300 buyin game
Spread occasionally, not sure about limits.
- Wed., May 18, 01:00 am, PhilipR: One or two $3/6 and one $2-5 NL game were going. The NL game was typical loose-semi-aggressive SSNL, but the game did get tighter briefly after a couple of big stacks left before gearing up again. Management denied action to a the would-be table drunk soon after he sat down, which won my respect.
- Because of the legal requirement that you have an affinity card before entering the casino, be sure to sign up for one at one of the desks near the Starbucks at the entrance. Cards from Harrah's St. Louis are apparently valid for this purpose; not sure about non-Missouri Harrah's properties.
- No blind is required for new players coming in.
- Oddly, chip racks appear to be designed to hold stacks of 21 chips! This sounds like some sort of chicanery, but the explanation is that $5 reds are an older series of chip that's thinner than the newer chips. They assured this author that all chips are counted down at cashout.