|# Tables||approx. 15|
|Region||Tunica, Mississippi, Southern United States|
The Gold Strike Casino Resort in Robinsonville, Mississippi, is MGM Mirage's sole property in the Tunica area. Its moderately luxurious, medium-sized poker room is located upstairs away from much of the casino noise.
Games spread Edit
- $3/6 - seems to run pretty constantly; was going full-steam on a Monday before noon.
- $4/8 - unclear whether this game has established a niche compared to $3/6
- $10/20 (3-4 times a week)
Posters around the room advertise for red-chip players, citing $10/20, $15/30, and $20/40 games.
Min buy-in for all games is 10 small bets.
- $1-2 blinds ($100 min. - no max): The Gold Strike has apparently been Tunica's steadiest $1-2 game. The Horseshoe is seeking to attract $1-2 traffic next door but for now the Strike's game has the upper hand. This game wasn't going on a Monday around 11:00, but started soon thereafter and spawned a second game once players busted out of a Monday morning tournament.
- $2-5 blinds ($200 min. - no max)
- $4/8 (occasionally with 1/2 kill)
- $2-5 once or twice a week ($200 min. - no max)
$1-5 spread (breaks up fast)
2007-01-29 (Monday): The $1-2 NL took a bit of time to get going but started five-handed at around 11:30. The floor granted a concession of zero rake until the game got to six. Once the adjoining tournament reached the end of the rebuy/add-on stage, interest in $1-2 surged and a second game started soon thereafter. The $3/6 limit appeared to have been going steadily all morning.
Food and comps Edit
Food comps require four hours of play. Inquire at the podium; you'll need an MGM affinity card but no special check-in is required. Rather comically, you can expect your comp account's listing on their computer system to show up on the monitors if you seek a comp during a tournament. They have a food runner.
Hotel poker rate Edit
$30 during week, $50 Friday and Saturday. Rates effective starting end January 2007 (following the January tourneys)
- Phone conversation with Chris, 2007-01-17.
- Visit by PhilipR, 2007-01-29